Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship has partnered with the College Board to increase scholarship opportunities for students who have taken the PSAT/NMSQT and PSA 10.Scholarships can open doors for students who aspire to go to college but don't have the funds. The Cooke Foundation provides one of the largest scholarships in the country for high-achieving students with financial need.More than half (54%) of the students who won the Jack Kent Cooke College Scholarship last year took the PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT 10 and were discovered through Student Search Service.The Cooke College Scholarship seeks out underrepresented students of all races, backgrounds, and ethnicities through the PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT 10.The application deadline is November 13, apply soon--exclusively through the Common App.
Click here to apply for the Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship
ELKS Most Valuable Student Scholarship
- Current high school seniors, or the equivalent, who are citizens of the United States are eligible to apply.
- Applicants need not be related to a member of the Elks.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States on the date their applications are signed; permanent legal resident status does not qualify.
- 500 Awards will be given, ranging from $4,000 to $50,000!
Click to apply for the ELKS Most Valuable Student Scholarship
Louisiana AFL-CIO Scholarship
Deadline: January 11, 2019
The Louisiana AFL-CIO will be awarding three $1,000 scholarships in March. Applicants must be high school seniors residing in the state of Louisiana whose parent or step-parent is a member of an affiliated local union in good standing with the Louisiana AFL-CIO.
GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program
Deadline: January 4, 2019
Click here for additional information on the GE-Reagan Scholarship
- demonstrate at school, at the workplace, and within the community the attributes of leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship;
- demonstrate strong academic performance (minimum 3.0 grade point average/4.0 scale or equivalent);
- be citizens of the United States of America;
- be current high school seniors attending high school in the United States (students living on U.S. Armed Forces base and homeschooled students are also eligible)
- plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study toward a bachelorís degree at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States for the entire upcoming academic year.
STAR P.E.O. Scholarship
Deadline: October 10, 2019
- Deadline is October 10th. You must send your resume, personal essay stating your interests and goals, and an unofficial transcript to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- A woman is eligible to be recommended for the P.E.O. STAR Scholarship provided she:
- Exhibits excellence in leadership, academics, extracurricular activities, community service and potential for future success
- Has a minimum cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Is in the final academic year (senior year) of her secondary education and is 20 years of age or under at the end of the calendar year
- Is a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States or Canada
- Plans to attend an accredited postsecondary educational institution in the United States or Canada, full-time or part-time, in the fall of the academic year following high school graduation
- Is recommended by and receives the vote of a local P.E.O. chapter
Click here to apply for the STAR P.E.O. Scholarship (Senior girls only)
Recipients will be announced annually by April 30. Notification letters will be sent to all applicants and recommending chapters. Recipient award certificates will be mailed to recommending chapters for presentation at a high school awards ceremony or other public forum.
Endowed STAR Scholarships may be established in honor or memory of an individual or chapter. The funds are held in the P.E.O. Foundation
A one-time gift of USD $2,500 may be designated as a Named Scholarship in honor or memory of an individual or chapter and must be received by the P.E.O. Executive Office no later than December 1 to be awarded in the ensuing academic year.
Click here for more information on STAR